A series of old engravings and floor plans gathered from various sources.
Original copperplate engraving by Merian from ca. 1650
"Merla in Ob. Hesse" Original copperplate engraving by Meisner from ca.1630
The Merlau Coat of Arms
Pen and ink drawing by Johanne Becker, miller of the Herrnmühle AD 1620
- coloured by Monika Geletska, owner of the Herrnmühle AD 2011
Ground plan of the Schloss Merlau - 1814
Schlossruine in 1890
Schloss ruin and Kanzlei in 1845
The double coat of arms referring to the builder of the castle, the Hessian
Landgrave Ludwig IV and his first wife, Duchess Hedwig von Württemberg.
Portrait Albert Otto von Merlaw Early Coat of Arms of Merlau
Over time, we will add more images here as more are added to our collection